How do I get to the shop?
Dripping in Ink Tattoo is located at 1512 S. Irby St. Florence, SC 29505. Just ask for Eddie.
How much does it cost to get a tattoo?
Prices very greatly depending on the detail, size and placement. Come by the shop with a reference pic and ask for Eddie.
Is there a shop minimum?
Yes, the shop minimum is $100.
How old do I have to be to get tattooed?
You must be 18+ to get tattooed. Always bring your ID with you!
Are walk-ins welcome?
Yes, walk ins are welcome and will be addressed on a first come first serve basis.
Will you tattoo my face or neck?
NO, the state of South Carolina currently makes it illegal for me to tattoo anywhere on the face or neck.
Do I have to leave a deposit?
Yes, we require all clients to leave a deposit when making their appointment to be tattooed. This deposit then goes towards the price of the tattoo. Deposits are nonrefundable. If the appointment needs to be rescheduled, 48 hours notice must be given or the deposit will be forfeit.
What do I do if I want to get tattooed by a specific artist?
When you call the shop or come by, just ask for the artist by name.
What do I do if I need to cancel an appointment?
It must be 48 hours prior to your appointment date. In order to cancel or reschedule an appointment you must call the shop during business hours (noon-10pm) or contact your artist directly. Please note that all messages left after 10PM will not be checked until the following day. All deposits are non-refundable.
What do you recommend for aftercare? What to expect:
Your tattoo will take about 2 weeks to heal. It will be tender for the first few days, then it will develop light scabs and appear crusty, these will gradually flake off. During this period the tattoo may look ugly and it may seem that the color is falling out with the scabs. Don’t worry, this is normal. The last stage is when the tattoo looks healed but is still waxy or shiny on the surface. The directions below should be followed until the tattoo is fully healed.
- Leave the bandage on for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the bandage and do not re-bandage it. Wetting the bandage while removing it will help prevent it from sticking to your skin.
- Wash your hands, then wash the tattoo firmly using mild soap and warm water, rinse the tattoo off and pat dry. NO SCRUBBING!
- Each day keep the area clean and apply one of the recommended lotions once a day. Don’t keep too much lotion on the tattoo. However, don’t let it dry out completely between applications. Make sure your hands are clean each time you touch your tattoo and never let anyone else touch it.
For the ENTIRE period that the tattoo is healing, use ONLY the lotions that are recommended, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is extremely important. No baby oil, alcohol, alcohol-based products, peroxide, mineral oil, bag balm, Vitamin E, Aloe, Noxzema, natural remedies, etc. We also do not recommended Neosporin;. It is not a good product for healing tattoos. Many people have strong reactions to it and often times it actually pulls the color out during the healing process.
Hustle Butter, Tattoo Goo, Ink-eeze Glide, A&D Ointment
On rare occasions some people may develop a reaction to one of these lotions. You will know if you develop bumps or pimples around the area. This is not a problem, wash the area and switch to one of the other recommended lotions. Do not continue using lotion if you have a reaction.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- You can shower as normal. But, for the 2-week healing period do not submerge or soak your tattoo in any way. No swimming, hot tubs, or saunas. It will interfere with healing and can cause infections and scarring.
- Do not expose your tattoo to direct sunlight for the 2-week period. Keep it covered with clothing.
- Do not pick at the tattoo! Let the scabs fall off naturally. No scratching, rubbing or abuse to the tattoo in any manner.
- Once your tattoo is healed, you may go in the sun but keep in mind the sun rapidly fades your tattoo and if you plan on being in the sun, use sunscreen to protect it. Don’t use sunscreen for at least a month after getting a tattoo and try to test an area to make sure you don’t have a reaction.
- Don’t work out for 2 weeks after the tattoo, but if you must than always wash the tattooed area after the work out and apply ointment. The salt in your sweat isn’t good for the tattoo’s healing process.
Despite constant efforts to ensure all our pigments meet the highest standard of quality and purity, the application of some pigments to some individuals may cause an allergic reaction, due to the sensitivity of the person. Tattos by Eddie and whoever it may designate as it’s operators, disclaim any responsibility for an allergic reaction of any person to whom the pigment is applied. The tattoo is not guaranteed when you leave the studio. We have given you the very best in art, the very best in color and the tattoo was applied expertly under the most sterile conditions. You are responsible for its care in the next few days. Follow these guidelines and enjoy your new tattoo!
Yes, you are allowed to have a friend accompany you to your appointment, however, due to limited floor space we ask that you please limit it to only one guest.
Extended family guest artists
Please visit our guest artist page for information on our visiting artists, past and present.
View guest artists: COMING SOON!!!